Sadly, a tractor trailer truck accident resulted in a Tampa wrongful death on i-75 on Wednesday November 13, 2019. Two people lost their lives in this semi truck personal injury accident near Bruce B. Downs Boulevard on interstate 75. According to the Florida Highway Patrol, the truck driver was unable to brake in time to avoid the rear-end wrongful death accident of the traffic stopped ahead. Several vehicles were struck by the tractor trailer truck in this car accident. The northbound lanes of Interstate 75 past Bruce B. Downs Boulevard were closed for almost 12 hours until early Thursday morning. The fatal crash north of Riverview is still under investigation. The Frank Santini Law Firm’s Riverview personal injury attorneys pass on their prayers and thoughts to all friends and family of those connected to this horrific accident.
Large trucks like 18-wheelers that travel many Riverview roads carry as much as 80,000 pounds of weight. Contrast the weight of a semi-truck with the average weight of a car – 4,000 pounds. This weight difference along with many other factors affecting truck drivers illuminates why trucking accidents often result in personal injuries and wrongful death. Tampa Bay personal injury trucking accidents have many common causes. A few causes of Brandon personal injury truck accidents are:
- Semi-Trucks not maintained properly cause accidents – trucks with worn brake pads or a cracked windshield have an increased chance of causing a Sun City Center car accident.
- Tractor Trailer Trucks can have equipment failures that cause Gibsonton truck accidents – truckers often drive used semi-trucks that can be susceptible to equipment failures.
- Bad weather causes truck accidents in Tampa Bay – truck drivers should be trained and ready to drive in the rain and other inclement weather situations.
- 18 Wheeler trucks that have heavy loads or improper cargo can cause car accidents – unfortunately some trucking companies and truck drivers do not follow law and regulations limiting the size and weights of their loads.
- Distracted truck drivers cause car accidents in Tampa Bay – truck drivers are legally required to get a certain amount of sleep. Obviously, truck drivers are not permitted to drive drunk or drive truck while under the influence of drugs, but sometimes truck drivers are humans and make mistakes. The problem is when truck drivers are negligent, the lives of innocent drivers, motorcyclists, and pedestrians are in more danger as compared to drivers of the average vehicle.
Our Riverview personal injury attorneys will give you as much time as you need in a free consultation. Ask for professional wrestling champion and Florida Super Lawyer Rising Star, Frank Santini at The Frank Santini Law Firm, the Riverview Personal Injury Law Firm, for a free consultation – (813) 445-6121.